Sunday, April 27, 2008

Couple more pictures


OK, so it's taking us longer than we want to get those pictures out here. We've had another couple of good days. Each day is better. But there are some difficult parts -- Emily has had problems with the food (and the culture in general). We can't always get Julia to eat or drink much. But we're getting there.

Here is another shot of the "serious girl" -- taken by Emily. In the last day or so we are getting to hear Julia do some cooing, and even a smile or two. At least she can look at us now! This is all so traumatic for her, I'm sure.

Then we have a shot in front of the Hunan Museum we went to yesterday. One random Chinese mom had her little girl come up to Emily so she could get a picture of them together. We went along with it too.

Finally, some of my Changsha Wal-Mart pictures. If someone can tell me what all of these animals might have been once, I would be interested to know. I think I just figured out the Wal-Mart mouse in the picture. 2008 is the Year of the Rat. So maybe that's a clue here..?


By the way, I think we have the comments figured out again. So fire away if you'd like to add comments. (If we moderate them, we can see them.)
-Kyle

3 comments:

Cox Family said...

We will keep you in our prayers as per your request. Hopefully, you will find some American food for Emily. Julia is precious! We leave for home on Tuesday and should get home Tuesday night. We will be sure to be all rested in time to meet you guys! Love, Nana & Papa

Kari and Randy Adopt said...

Hi, my name is Kari and I attend church with your folks, Darryl and Anne. We were so happy to hear this a.m. that the trip was underway as planned and that you have been united with your Julia. When I put our baby to bed tonight, I prayed for all of you (strength, wisdom, stamina, peace, health, joy, trust, courage, and everything else I could think of at the time). I prayed too for Julia's birth family and thanked God for them.

I work with a Julia so everyday when I see her, I will make that my reminder to pray for you.

Blessings to you on this physical, spiritual, and emotional journey.

Sincerely,
Kari Coppinger

Meredith said...

Praying for you guys!